World Class Verilog & SystemVerilog Training
Sunburst Design - Accelerated Introduction To Verilog-2001 & Best Coding Practices
by Recognized Verilog & SystemVerilog Guru, Cliff Cummings of Sunburst Design, Inc.
Cliff Cummings is the only Verilog & SystemVerilog Trainer who helped develop every IEEE & Accellera Verilog, Verilog Synthesis and SystemVerilog Standard.
|1-Day Verilog Syllabus in PDF|
90% Lecture, 10% Lab
Accelerated Introduction Level
The primary objective of this course is to jump-start the Verilog knowledge of new users, or to provide Verilog fundamentals for self-taught Verilog users and experienced VHDL users. This course prepares skilled engineers to take Sunburst Design Advanced & Expert Verilog & SystemVerilog training.
Upon completion of this course, students will:
Sunburst Design - Accelerated Introduction to Verilog-2001 & Best Known Coding Practices is a 1-day fast-paced intensive course on Verilog syntax, usage and best known coding styles.
A detailed 300+ page student guide and 49-page Verilog-2001 HDL Quick Reference Guide supplement the lecture and provide excellent resources for after-class reference.
Sunburst Design - Accelerated Introduction to Verilog-2001 & Best Known Coding Practices is a 1-day intensive course intended for design and verification engineers who plan to take advanced & expert Verilog & SystemVerilog training and who require an accelerated introduction to the Verilog-2001 RTL syntax & coding styles to meet advanced training prerequisites.
No prior HDL experience required but knowledge of digital design concepts is strongly recommended
The Sunburst Design - Advantage
Who is teaching your "expert" and "advanced" classes? Most companies will not tell you because their instructors might not have much design experience or may never have participated on any of the Verilog Standards groups or presented at industry recognized conferences. Go to our web site and read about the Sunburst Design - Instructors - they are simply the best at what they do and they have the experience and qualifications to offer best-in-class training.
Sunburst Design Courses:
Course Customization? - Sunburst Design courses can be customized to include your company's coding guidelines or to modify the course for a different audience. Sections can be added or deleted from a course to meet you company's needs.
Overview of Verilog Resources
Introduction to Verilog Modeling
- An introduction and overview of major Verilog-2001 modeling basics.
Verilog HDL Syntax & Semantics
- Detailed instruction of important Verilog-2001 (V2K1) language syntax.
Continuous Assignments & Operators, Verification & Running Sims
- Detailed discussion of continuous assignments with design examples, followed by an overview of Verilog-2001 operators, also with examples. An introduction to writing Verilog testbenches and running Verilog simulations.
* Course notes are printed with detailed instructions on how to use the major Verilog simulators (NC Verilog, VCS, ModelSim, Questa - note: per Cadence, Verilog-XL does not and will not support Verilog-2001 enhancements).
Programming Statements & Timescales
- Detailed discussion of blocking and nonblocking assignments, followed by an overview of Verilog-2001 programming statements with examples. This section concludes with a discussion of Verilog timescales and their impact on simulation efficiency.
File I/O & Usage
- Description of Verilog file I/O commands and usage. Fundamentals of using Verilog file I/O within test environments.
Basic RTL Modeling
- Behavioral & synthesizable coding styles for modeling combinational logic, sequential logic, and memory devices. Includes multiple Verilog-2001 enhancements.
Training is generally conducted at your facilities. For maximum effectiveness, we recommend having one workstation or PC for every two students, with licenses for your preferred Verilog simulator (we often can help provide the simulator and temporary training licenses).
For more information, contact:
Cliff Cummings - firstname.lastname@example.org - Sunburst Design, Inc. - 503-641-8446